Herein our website we provide Users with access to sales of consigned luxury items.
What personal information we collect?
When you interact with us, by using our website or communicating directly with us we may collect some data from you. When you purchase products on bj-digital, we ask you for personal information. We use this information to process your orders and to communicate with you about the status of your orders, and other transactions with us.
The types of personal information collected may include your name, email address, zip code, country, IP address, browser information, your credit card number, credit card security code, expiration date, telephone number, billing address, and shipping address. We use your telephone number only if there is an order-related issue; never for marketing purposes. Our server stores some of this information so that placing future orders will be quicker and easier.
Collection of Automatic Information:
Like many Web sites on the Internet, we automatically receive and store certain information whenever you interact with bj-digital or use of our Services like
- Better understand, improve and modify the Services.
- Better understand how the Services are used and experienced and
- Better understand how we can enhance your or others overall experience on one or more of the Services, including providing advertising and other information that is relevant to you. bj-digital automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, the page you requested, and any items you may purchase and your billing history. This information may be used to customize the content you see on our website or to communicate with you about specials and new features.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website or services. Usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components may also be used in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Your Privacy Rights:
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Confirm Whether We Are Processing Your Personal Information (the right to know)
- Access to/Portability of Personal Data Information including: (i) obtaining access to a or a copy of your personal information; and (ii) receiving or having an electronic copy of the personal data transferred to another party in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format (also known as the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information, or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request to Opt Out of Certain Processing Activities including, as applicable, if we process your personal information for “targeted advertising” (as “targeted advertising” is defined by applicable privacy laws), if we “sell” your personal information (as “sell” is defined by applicable privacy laws), or if we engage in “profiling” in furtherance of certain “decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects” concerning you (as such terms are defined by applicable privacy laws);
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including: where the processing of your personal information is based on our legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes; the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. Please note that your withdrawal will only take effect for future processing, and will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal; and
- Appeal our Decision to decline to process your request.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If applicable laws grant you an appeal right and you would like to appeal our decision with respect to your request, you may do so by informing us of this and providing us with information supporting your appeal.
How we keep your data safe and secure:
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We use SSL certificate on all pages, content, credit card, and transaction information are protected by the same level of security used by banks. It is also level-1 PCI compliant.
We use email contacts that contain our domain name, so they are easily recognized.
Some data may be forwarded to third-parties only to provide you with services such as present you with relevant material or to be used in analytic tools in order to collect statistics or optimize our website. Your personal data will only be connected with your cookies if you are logged in with your website account, for the purposes explained above.
Our website is not directed at children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If you are not 18 years of age or older, you are not authorized to use the Services. If you have knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us, please email us.
Disclosure of your Information:
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Where you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your data on to the relevant third parties for the purpose of sending you such marketing communications.
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the table above in the section ‘How we use your data’, such as:
- third party service providers that we engage to provide IT systems and software, and to host our website.
- services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered and to manage any returns.
- third party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf including in relation to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website.
- affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website.
- to any third party to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- to protect our customers, boohoo group companies and website from fraud and theft, we may share personal data that is required to make identity checks and personal data that we obtain from making identity checks (including data relating to your age, name and location), together with account information, with other boohoo group companies and with third party organizations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that the other boohoo group companies and these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose.
- We may share your personal data with Ravelin and/or Risk Guardian and/or other fraud prevention and analysis service providers, in order to carry out fraud prevention checks on our behalf. If personal data is provided to Ravelin, Ravelin will also use this personal data to improve its service and machine learning to improve its automated processing.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or leave us a message by using the contact us tab.